Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Week 2 Thoughts

One thing I learned this week was in regard to creating my own blog. I love that I now know how to post an RSS feed on my own blog. As a teacher, it would be so simple to read students' current writing and respond in a timely manner. Exciting!

I also believe that blogs have the capability of making a huge difference for those students who don't enjoy writing but love spending time on AIM and other chats. I know I would have to set some parameters on writing (I wouldn't want the blog writing to look like a text message or anything!) but I believe this interactive format allowing for student choice and creativity could really encourage students who are not natural writers.

I also am looking forward to finding new ways to use Inspiration software. Although I remember working with the program as a student, I did not realize until now just how many tools are available. I think that, especially for visual learners, organizing information in this way (and asking students to CREATE these semantic networks by which they demonstrate understanding of the concepts), we are automatically requesting higher-order thinking. Cool.

No comments: