Sunday, October 7, 2007

Inspired by Inspiration

I was surprised at how much fun I had working on the Inspiration assignment. Though I'd learned Inspiration during my undergrad, I had never been too impressed. I think there are two reasons for this: a) the software was not as "user-friendly" at that time and b) I now see how this could be a tool for students' idea construction as opposed to a teacher handout tool.

I also wanted to say a little something about how beneficial the favorite website presentations have been. I already have made use of two in my classroom (discoveryeducation.com and schooltimegames.com) and I look forward to perusing the lesson plans in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. These presentations have allowed for the time and sharing most teachers need; there is nothing more useful to me than something I can immediately apply, knowing another teacher has found its successes. Fun!

No comments: